Important lifestyle choices to reduce your cancer risk:
- Quit smoking – lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in Australian men.
- Take care in the sun – protect yourself from the harmful effects of UV radiation by applying sunscreen, covering up and limiting the time spent in the sun.
- Stay in shape – aim to maintain a healthy body weight.
- Move your body – be physically active for at least 30 minutes on most days or every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet Eat for health – choose a varied diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables and limit your intake of red meat.
- Avoid alcohol – try alcohol-free days and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Check-ups - have regular age-appropriate health check-ups with your doctor.